Spring has sprung, but before you start having too much fun in the sun, it may be a good idea to give your home a good spring plumbing inspection. Here are some of the things to pay attention to:
Main Sewer Line Inspection
- If your home uses a septic tank, be sure that you know where the tank and drainfield are located and the capacity that the tank holds.
- Book a video camera inspection with Anta Plumbing. It could save you a fortune in repairs and restoration.
Visual Hot Water Heater Inspection
- If your family changed in size since last year, ensure that the tank still accommodates your family's needs.
- Check for built-up mineral deposits, which usually settle on the bottom of the tank.
- Look for signs of corrosion on the tank and if you notice any, have it replaced.
- Look at the bottom of the tank for evidence of drips or leaks.
- Consider investing in a tankless water heater.
- Look for noticeable leaks from the shower, toilet and the faucets in the kitchen and bathroom. (It may seem like nothing, but it costs a lot of money in the long run!)
- Ensure the refrigerator's ice maker supply line is not bulging or leaking, and consider replacing it with a woven stainless steel supply line.
- Flush the toilets to ensure the bowls empty and refill correctly.
- Listen for obvious sounds of leaking.
- Look at the floor surrounding the base of each toilet to see if it feels damp. That might indicate water seeping out from under the base.
- Test your sump pump to ensure that it works as it should.
- Replace the battery on your backup system.
- Call Anta Plumbing for a sump pump inspection and service.
Call Anta Plumbing to book a professional well inspection. It can only be done by licensed technicians who specialize in well systems.
Why Video Pipe Inspection is Important
Video pipe inspection is a pivotal step in caring for your home's plumbing. It gives you a bird's eye view as to what is going on behind the walls, and it can reveal issues such as clogs, cracks, corrosion, leaks and roots in drains and other drain issues before it can cause too much damage.
During a video pipe inspection, the plumbing technician will insert a specialized drain camera, attached to a drain snake into the pipe. Live footage will be fed to the handheld monitor, and the plumbing technician will be able to diagnose any issues and pinpoint their location with related equipment that is used above the ground.
We recommend a thorough plumbing system inspection and video sewer inspection twice a year, just before fall, and again before spring, after winter has taken its toll on your pipes and infrastructure.
We at Anta Plumbing are the experts in our field, which is why our clients have trusted us for many years and always refer friends and family to us. Take the first step to better plumbing today - call Anta Plumbing.