With changing times, bathrooms are no longer considered to be a place where people get clean. Daily bathing is incomplete these days without comfort, and this can only be ensured by having the right kind of fittings and fixtures for the bathroom. Talking about bath fittings, bathtubs have always been an integral part of a stylish and comfortable bathing experience. However, before buying a bathtub, it is important to plan and research so that you get exactly what you want. Fitting a bathtub in your contemporary bathroom can be a serious problem. However, it should not be a problem if you are residing in one of many older homes in Toronto.
Before opting for a bathtub for your bathroom, be sure you know the answers to the following questions
- Space availability for the tub, and your preferred size for the tub.
- Your planned theme or style for the bathroom.
- Planned frequency of use for your tub.
- The exact place where the tub will be installed in your bathroom.
- Whether you need an overhead shower for your bathtub and how to enclose it to avoid water mess.
- Whether you need to move any of your existing bathroom installations to accommodate the bathtub.
You will have much more freedom in terms of options if you are considering bathtub installation for your new home or while carrying out a complete renovation of your bathroom. However, you may still have to take the size of the tub into consideration. If your preferred bathtub is larger than the usual size, do not forget to check whether your hot water heater is capable of delivering sufficient hot water to fill up the tub.
Bathtubs are now available in a wide variety of sizes, shapes, colors, and functional features. Thoroughly examine each of them before making a decision. If required, do not hesitate to lie down on the tub to make sure it provides you the comfort you are looking for. Some of the most popular types of bathtubs for you to choose from are
- Drop-in tubs that are tailor-made for use in elevated platforms.
- Antique tubs are known for their romantic appeal.
- Whirlpool tubs equipped with hydro jets to provide gentle massaging.
- Users with restricted mobility can use walk-in tubs for an upright and safe bathing experience.
Finally, you should also take the material of the tub into consideration because this is bound to have a significant impact on your available options and total installation cost. Lightweight fiberglass tubs should be your choice if you are after economy. However, you must go for cultured marble made tubs, in case you are looking for style. Similarly, cast polymer-made bathtubs are extremely efficient in heat retention.